Most people know to go to the dentist when they’re having any issues with their oral health and teeth. But it’s possible for your teeth to be in good health, and still not have the appearance that you want them to have. No one deserves to be uncomfortable with their smile, and that’s why cosmetic dentistry is so important.
Cosmetic Dentistry is a professional method of oral care that focuses solely on the appearance of your teeth, mouth, gums, and general smile. Like normal dentistry, cosmetic dentists have to go through years of education and training to learn how to properly execute cosmetic dentistry procedures. While some cosmetic services are easy to fulfill, others may take more time, energy, and skill to complete. At Walden Square Dental, we’re committed to giving you the best dental care, all while helping you achieve your smile goals. Here are some of the Cosmetic Dentistry services we offer:
● Whitening. Teeth whitening is one of the easiest and most cost-effective cosmetic procedures you can receive. Using bleach, dentists can quickly whiten your teeth in their office for about $500. You can also buy over-the-counter teeth whitening products that you can use at home and are even more inexpensive, running anywhere between $3-$50, however, for that perfect, celebrity smile, we definitely recommend getting it done professionally!
● Dental Veneers. Known as the “Hollywood Smile,” dental veneers are thin, porcelain, or resin shell that physically cover the front of your teeth, giving you the ideal color, shape, and size of teeth. To attach to your teeth, dentists will have to shave down a layer of enamel from your teeth. This is one of the more in-depth and expensive procedures you can receive, costing about $500-$1,300 per tooth.
● Dental Bonding. If you’re looking to replace a filling or repair a crack, chip, or misshapen tooth, then dental bonding may be the answer you’re looking for. Dentists will attach a putty-like resin to your tooth and harden it with a UV light, then shaping and trimming it to your liking. This process is quick and affordable, costing only about $100-$400 a tooth.
● Dental Crowns. Also known as caps, dental crowns will fit and go over an entire decayed or damaged tooth. While they certainly serve a cosmetic purpose, they will also hold together a tooth or keep a decayed tooth from breaking apart. Depending on the material, crowns cost anywhere from $500-900 per tooth and can be made from metal, porcelain, resin, or even ceramic.
● Inlays and Onlays. Inlays fill the center of a cracked tooth, and onlays fill multiple points of a tooth or cover the biting surface. Though they are both pre-made in a dental laboratory, inlays and onlays are bonded and molded into place in the office by your dentist. Costing anywhere from $650-$1,200 a tooth, these are both considered an “alternative” to dental crowns, as they try to preserve as much of the healthy parts of a tooth as possible.
● Dental Implants. In short, dental implants are tooth replacements. Made from titanium, the roots of the dental implants are inserted into the bone socket and eventually, the jawbone will heal itself around the implant. Since this literally replaces a missing tooth, this is the costliest procedure, costing anywhere from $1,250-$3,000 a tooth.
Whether you’re looking to improve the health of your teeth or the appearance of your smile, Walden Square Dental is here to give you the care you need. With over 20 years of experience, we’ve been providing comprehensive dental care to families and children in a comfortable and professional setting to the Grayslake, IL community. Let us help you achieve your smile goals! Visit our website to send us a message or give us a call at 847-223-0110.